Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A brother for Silas or another Princess

So I have been anxiously awaiting my next apppointment with my high risk specialist. I see them for my Grave's Disease, heart check and now a blood issue. I have a hyperactive thryoid which I have taken medicine for off and on since Noah was born. I am not on any currently and my levels seem be holding steady. I have never had ill-effects with my pregnancy because of it, but they just monitor it with bloodwork and sonos. Also they do an indepth study of the heart. The last one is a new finding this pregnancy. I have an antibody in my blood that can affect the baby much like the RH factor does in pregnancy. Basically if my baby has the particular antigen that my antibody fights it could cause anemia in the baby. It is pretty rare to have it and from what it sounds pretty rare to cause problems in the baby. Just one more reason to be stuck every month and get frequent sonograms. All of this to say, I will be 18 weeks next Monday, the day of my sono. and am praying the baby gives us a peek at what it is. Let me know what you think. I will post the results and let you know what we find out next Monday.

9 comments:

Holli said...

I think it is a little..... oh I don't know!? But I am guessing you would like a girl? so I will say girl!

Matt and Katie said...

BOY, because I think that is what I am having and they could be buds together...plus if it is a girl have you talked to N about no longer being the PRINCESS?? PS I am NEVER right:)

Kristi said...

Another princess please. :)

Janell said...

A girl for Jada!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tash! Just browsing through the blogs since Erin got hers up and going again:) I'm so thrilled for you guys. It's so cool knowing you are having what God knows is the best for your family! My guess however is... a baby girl. A boy would be so fun too though! Hope things are going great and that things continue to go smoothly for you. Take care and look forward to hearing the big news! Love to you,

Macy

Jill Foley said...

I'm guessing another boy...

Joy Rugaard said...

I am guessing a girl and only because Katie said Boy. We are both never right, so this time one of us will have to be! Hope it's me!

Jill said...

We say girl!

Nancy K said...

I'll go with Holli...girl!!